"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"


Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




LESURE LUMBER COMPANY

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Revision as of 21:16, 3 January 2010 by Randylyon (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Imp211.jpg

LESURE LUMBER COMPANY. Organized in 1889 as the Charley Clark Mill. Sometimes known as the Lesure Mill, the company maintained lumberyards containing seven million feet of lumber and a physical plant covering fifteen acres. Destroyed by fire in June 1894, the company was rebuilt.

The firm was sold to a group of local investors on March 28, 1895. The new company, known as the Rumpf-Frudden Lumber Company, maintained mills in Stillwater, Minnesota, and annually produced an estimated twenty million feet of lumber.